Lunch on a Stick
It's fun to create different lunch combinations with my mom. I like to make patterns in the cheese and use a crinkle vegetable cutter. —Sara Martin, Brookfield, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- Block of cheddar or Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Cooked tortellini
- Grape tomatoes
- Whole wheat bread slices, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Sliced deli ham, cut into 1-inch strips
- Seedless red or green grapes
- Wooden skewers (5 to 6 inches)
- Cut cheese into 1/4-in. slices and then into 1-in. pieces. (Smaller
- pieces may break when threaded on the skewer.)
- Mac & Cheese on a Stick: Alternately thread cheese and tortellini on
- a skewer. Add grape tomatoes if desired.
- Ham & Cheese on a Stick: Thread bread, lettuce if desired, cheese and
- a ribbon of ham on a skewer. Add additional cheese and bread pieces.
- Hold in place with a grape or grape tomato on each end.
- Fruit & Cheese on a Stick: Alternately thread grapes and cheese on a
- Create your own Lunch on a Stick: Let children place their favorite
- ingredients on a stick. Yield: 4 servings.