It's fun to create different lunch combinations with my mom. I like to make patterns in the cheese and use a crinkle vegetable cutter. —Sara Martin, Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Block of cheddar or Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Cooked tortellini
- Grape tomatoes
- Whole wheat bread slices, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Sliced deli ham, cut into 1-inch strips
- Seedless red or green grapes
- Wooden skewers (5 to 6 inches)
- Cut cheese into 1/4-in. slices and then into 1-in. pieces. (Smaller pieces may break when threaded on the skewer.)
- Mac & Cheese on a Stick: Alternately thread cheese and tortellini on a skewer. Add grape tomatoes if desired.
- Ham & Cheese on a Stick: Thread bread, lettuce if desired, cheese and a ribbon of ham on a skewer. Add additional cheese and bread pieces. Hold in place with a grape or grape tomato on each end.
- Fruit & Cheese on a Stick: Alternately thread grapes and cheese on a skewer.
- Create your own Lunch on a Stick: Let children place their favorite ingredients on a stick. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lunch on a Stick in Good Food Kids Love 2008 2008, p25
Reviews for Lunch on a Stick
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review