Lunch Box Special
Dates, orange juice and apples bring zest and crunch to the plain old peanut butter sandwich. —Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped apples
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dates, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 8 slices bread
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and orange juice until
- blended. Add the apples and dates or walnuts if desired. Spread on
- four slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 401 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 419 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 13 g protein.