Lunch Box Pizzas
"It's a challenge finding lunch fare that both our children enjoy," confides Rhonda Cliett of Belton, Texas. "These mini pizzas are fun to make. They pack nicely in plastic sandwich bags and travel well, so there's no mess."
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (10 biscuits)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 10 slices pepperoni
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Flatten each biscuit into a 3-in. circle and press into a greased
- muffin cup. Combine the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning; spoon 1
- teaspoonful into each cup. Top each with a slice of pepperoni and
- about 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve
- immediately or store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 94 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now