This lunchbox-friendly wrap is a tasty way to use leftover chicken and get kids to eat more veggies. Using colorful, thin strips of vegetables adds visual interest when the wrap is cut into slices. Suddenly spinach is too pretty to refuse. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: 32 Lunches To Spice Up Your Workday
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches), room temperature
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 carrot sticks
- 2 sweet red pepper strips
- Spread hummus over tortilla; top with spinach. Place chicken, carrot and red pepper in a row near center of tortilla; roll up tightly. If desired, cut crosswise into slices. Wrap securely or pack in an airtight container; refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Lunchbox Chicken Wrap in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012, p27
Reviews for Lunch Box Chicken Wrap
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review