Lunch Box Chicken Wrap
This lunchbox-friendly wrap is a tasty way to use leftover chicken and get kids to eat more veggies. Using colorful, thin strips of vegetables adds visual interest when the wrap is cut into slices. Suddenly spinach is too pretty to refuse. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches), room temperature
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 carrot sticks
- 2 sweet red pepper strips
- Spread hummus over tortilla; top with spinach. Place chicken, carrot
- and red pepper in a row near center of tortilla; roll up tightly. If
- desired, cut crosswise into slices. Wrap securely or pack in an
- airtight container; refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 wrap equals 324 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 441 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.