"These unique sandwich pockets are filled with ingredients most kids like."Callie Myers, Rockport, Texas
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- Let dough rise according to package directions. Punch down; divide
- into 10 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a
- 5-in. circle.
- Place one circle on a greased baking sheet; top with about 1/4 cup
- ham and 2 tablespoons cheese to within 1/2 in. of edge. Press
- filling to flatten. Combine egg yolk and water; brush edges of
- dough. Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal. Repeat with
- remaining dough and filling. Brush tops with remaining egg yolk
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm
- or cold. If desired, cool and freeze. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 229 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 729 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.