Lucky Lime Salad Recipe
To start your St. Patrick's Day feast off right, be sure to hand out lucky shamrocks—in the shape of those that top this sweet salad! Making them is merely a matter of cutting gelatin with a cookie cutter. Want to prepare the recipe for another celebration? No problem—just change the cookie cutters to suit the occasion. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) lime gelatin
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water. Chill until slightly thickened. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon juice and whipped topping until smooth; stir into gelatin. Fold in pineapple.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. square dish. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- 3. For shamrocks, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. pan. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- 4. Using a 2-in. shamrock-shaped cookie cutter, cut plain gelatin into nine shamrocks. Cut gelatin mixture into nine squares; top each with a gelatin shamrock. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 200 calories, 6 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC