To start your St. Patrick's Day feast off right, be sure to hand out lucky shamrocks—in the shape of those that top this sweet salad! Making them is merely a matter of cutting gelatin with a cookie cutter. Want to prepare the recipe for another celebration? No problem—just change the cookie cutters to suit the occasion. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) lime gelatin
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water. Chill until slightly thickened. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon juice and whipped topping until smooth; stir into gelatin. Fold in pineapple.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square dish. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- For shamrocks, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. pan. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- Using a 2-in. shamrock-shaped cookie cutter, cut plain gelatin into nine shamrocks. Cut gelatin mixture into nine squares; top each with a gelatin shamrock. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Lucky Lime Salad in Country Woman March/April 1996, p17
Reviews for Lucky Lime Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review