Lucky Lime Salad Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 package (3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) lime gelatin
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water. Chill until slightly thickened. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon juice and whipped topping until smooth; stir into gelatin. Fold in pineapple.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square dish. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- For shamrocks, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. pan. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- Using a 2-in. shamrock-shaped cookie cutter, cut plain gelatin into nine shamrocks. Cut gelatin mixture into nine squares; top each with a gelatin shamrock. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Lucky Lime Salad(4)
Sort By :
I doubled the recipe, eliminated the lemon juice and used a 2 quart round casserole instead of the 9 inch square dish. I didn't bother with the Jello shamrocks. It turned out perfect. I took it to a St. Patrick's Day get together and the guests enjoyed it.
I served the salad in small gram cracker shells
It was easy to make and very good
This is just like the lime salad that my grandmother used to make. I've been looking for it everywhere.
I have made this lime gelatin sald for years. The only difference is that I never added the lemon. It is so yummy! I honestly never thought of making it into squares and topping with shamrocks. Thanks for the great idea!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Irish Desserts >
- Irish Recipes >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- Jello Salad >
- Jello Salad with Cream Cheese >