- For each hat, cut a 1-1/2-in. square and a 1-3/4-in. x 1/4-in. brim
- from dough scraps. Place leprechauns 2 in. apart on ungreased baking
- sheets. Place hat squares and brims above heads, shaping gently to
- touch the heads.
- Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or until edges are lightly
- browned. Cool for 1 minute before carefully removing to wire racks
- to cool completely.
- Tint small amounts of Royal Icing red, yellow and black. Leave a
- small amount plain. Tint remaining icing green and orange. Frost
- leprechauns; decorate with shimmer dust and shamrock sprinkles if
- desired. For eyes, attach miniature chocolate chips with plain
- frosting. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Editor's Note: This recipe may also be used to make shamrock cookies, using 2-1/2-in. or 4-in. cookie cutters. Or, using 3-in. alphabet cookie cutters, cut out the letters for IRISH or any phrase or name. Reduce baking time to 8-10 minutes for both cookies. (Refer to cover photos and at right for decorating ideas.) Yield for shamrocks or letters is about 6 dozen. Edible glitter is available from Wilton Industries. Call 1-800/794-5866 or visit www.wilton.com.