Luck o' the Irish Cheesecake Recipe
- 20 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips, divided
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, milk, extract and food coloring until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour onto crust. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 1 hour or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes; run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Trace a small shamrock pattern onto a piece of paper; cut out and set aside. In a microwave, melt remaining chocolate chips. Fill plastic bag with melted chocolate; cut a small hole in a corner of the bag. Place shamrock pattern on a baking sheet; place a large piece of waxed paper over pattern. Pipe a chocolate shamrock onto waxed paper, following the pattern. Move waxed paper and repeat to make several more shamrocks.
- Place in the freezer until hardened, about 4 minutes. Carefully remove shamrocks and arrange on cheesecake. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Luck o' the Irish Cheesecake
Sort By :
I love the idea of this recipe, however, the base of the cheesecake is only cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. This doesn't give it the cheesecake texture I am looking for. The flavor was good, I will make it again with some variations to the base for a better texture!
More Recipe Collections
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Irish Desserts >