"A friend at work gave me the recipe for this marinade," recalls Denise Pope of Mishawaka, Indiana. "After grilling the tender chicken a few times for company, I decided to turn it into a sandwich." It's complemented by a pineapple ring and a mild dill and mustard sauce.
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 6 lettuce leaves, optional
- 6 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice and six pineapple slices (save remaining juice and pineapple for another use). In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the brown sugar, ground mustard, garlic salt, pepper and reserved pineapple juice; add chicken. seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and dill. Refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill the chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Grill pineapple slices for 1 minute on each side.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on roll bottoms. Layer with lettuce if desired, chicken and pineapple. Replace roll tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Luau Chicken Sandwiches in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p49
Reviews for Luau Chicken Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review