Luau Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 6 lettuce leaves, optional
- 6 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice and six pineapple slices (save remaining juice and pineapple for another use). In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the brown sugar, ground mustard, garlic salt, pepper and reserved pineapple juice; add chicken. seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and dill. Refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill the chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Grill pineapple slices for 1 minute on each side.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on roll bottoms. Layer with lettuce if desired, chicken and pineapple. Replace roll tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Luau Chicken Sandwiches
Sort By :
These are delicious! Tastes like they came from a good restaurant! Easy to make also. I pounded out my chicken breats to 1/4 inch thickness to make a cutlet before marinading and grilling. They fit nicely on the bun if you do this. I used King Hawaiian Sandwich Rolls , Romaine lettuce, and melted a slice of Muenster cheese on each breast before taking off the grill. The sauce is great on these. Go a big thumbs up from everyone. Adding to the rotation! Thanks!
Very tasty sandwiches!
The first time I made this, I just made the chicken as a main dish w/o the bun (still served each piece w/ a pineapple ring, and dollop of dill sauce- inside of the ring- on top), not only was it a pretty presentation, my hubby raved about the taste to everyone for days. Once I explained to him that the recipe actually had the chicken on a bun, he was officially won over, as he thought it would make an awesome sandwich (my guys are avid chicken sandwich eaters). I've made it both ways ever since, and it's always a quick and easy "go-to" recipe.
I made this for a party and everyone loved them! It is definitely a favorite and I will make over and over.
this was so easy to make. It is sweet and filling. This is a great recipie for summer too. Will make again
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Marinades >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >