Lower Sodium Chicken Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups reduced-fat reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Lower Sodium Chicken Vegetable Soup
Sort By :
"Very easy! A little too sweet for my taste. I think I'd try it with half the sugar next time."
"Love this in a crock pot!"
"Tasty, simple and easy to make. I added a bit of grated cheddar cheese on top for the final product."