Not only is this recipe extremely low in fat, but it's as convenient as it is delicious. Chock-full of corn, lentils and tender chunks of chicken, the thick satisfying soup simmers to a heartwarming perfection in the slow cooker.—Connie Thomas, Jensen, Utah
Recommended: 40 Flavor-Packed Healthy Soup Recipes
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups reduced-fat reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Chicken Vegetable Soup in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p6
Reviews for Lower Sodium Chicken Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 21, 2014
"Very easy! A little too sweet for my taste. I think I'd try it with half the sugar next time."
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2012
"Love this in a crock pot!"
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2011
"Tasty, simple and easy to make. I added a bit of grated cheddar cheese on top for the final product."