Low-Sodium Red Cabbage with Apples Recipe
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Stir in vinegar. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup: 62 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 0 fruit.
Reviews for Low-Sodium Red Cabbage with Apples
"Very good ! I have made this quite a few times, great flavor!"