Low-Sodium Red Cabbage with Apples Recipe
Looking for a tasty, lower-in-sodium alternative to sauerkraut to serve with pork entrees? Try this colorful side dish with the slightly sweet flavor of apples. Michelle Dougherty - Lewiston, Idaho
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Stir in vinegar. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup equals 62 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Low-Sodium Red Cabbage with Apples
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC