- Place turkey, breast side up, over vegetables; close bag with nylon
- tie. Cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag. Bake at 350° for 2 to
- 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thigh reads
- Remove turkey to a serving platter and keep warm. Let stand for 15
- minutes before carving. Strain contents of oven bag into a small
- saucepan; skim fat. Discard vegetables. In a small bowl, combine
- cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into cooking
- juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces cooked turkey (calculated without skin) equals 260 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 44 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer