- Place turkey in bag over vegetables, breast side up; close bag with
- nylon tie. Cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag; close with tie
- provided. Bake 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in
- thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°.
- Remove turkey from oven bag to a serving platter; tent with foil.
- Let stand 20 minutes before carving. Strain contents of oven bag
- into a small saucepan, discarding vegetables; skim fat from cooking
- juices. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth;
- gradually whisk into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 28 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked turkey (calculated without skin) equals 198 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 4 lean meat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer