Low-Fat Wild Rice Turkey Salad
This tasty turkey salad from Meredith Berg of Hudson, Wisconsin offers a wonderful blend of flavors. With sweet grapes and apples, a dash of cinnamon and crunchy vegetables, it’ll appeal to young and old alike.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped red apple
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl,
- combine the mayonnaise, salt and cinnamon; stir into turkey mixture
- until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in apple. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl;
- sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 279 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 494 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch,