Low-Fat Wild Rice Turkey Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped red apple
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt and cinnamon; stir into turkey mixture until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Just before serving, stir in apple. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 279 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fruit, 0 fat.
Reviews for Low-Fat Wild Rice Turkey Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.