Low-Fat Wild Rice Turkey Salad Recipe
This tasty turkey salad from Meredith Berg of Hudson, Wisconsin offers a wonderful blend of flavors. With sweet grapes and apples, a dash of cinnamon and crunchy vegetables, it’ll appeal to young and old alike.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1-1/2 cups green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped red apple
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 tablespoons Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salt and cinnamon; stir into turkey mixture until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in apple. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Wild Rice Turkey Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p27
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Low-Fat Wild Rice Turkey Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >