Low-Fat Taco Dip
Serve this at your next party and guests won’t have a clue that it’s low fat! “This recipe is a great appetizer, but I also serve it as a main dish on especially busy nights,” writes Traci Hoffman of Jamestown, Indiana.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- Spread refried beans into a 9-in. pie plate. Combine sour cream and
- taco seasoning; spread over beans. Top with tomato, cheese, onions
- and olives. Serve with chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 91 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now