Low-Fat Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
These stuffed potatoes may be low in fat, but they're loaded with flavor! Two kinds of cheese make them extra-creamy.—Marcia Mundell, Bennett, Colorado
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- 2. In a small bowl, mash the pulp with the cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, yogurt, dill, mayonnaise, mustard, chives, pepper and cayenne. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with paprika. Place on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 120 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 8g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Low-Fat Stuffed Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC