These stuffed potatoes may be low in fat, but they're loaded with flavor! Two kinds of cheese make them extra-creamy.—Marcia Mundell, Bennett, Colorado
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- In a small bowl, mash the pulp with the cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, yogurt, dill, mayonnaise, mustard, chives, pepper and cayenne. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with paprika. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Low-Fat Stuffed Potatoes in Country Woman January/February 1999, p36
Reviews for Low-Fat Stuffed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review