Low-Fat Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 pound large fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1. Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Chop stems, reserving 1/3 cup (discard remaining stems or save for another use). In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, chives, mayonnaise, vinegar, hot pepper sauce if desired and reserved mushroom stems; mix well.
- 2. Place mushroom caps on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; stuff with crumb mixture. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
3 each: 66 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Low-Fat Stuffed Mushrooms
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.