Low-Fat Strawberry Muffins Recipe
"Recipes for good low-fat muffins are hard to find, so I was pleased to discover that these treats are moist and scrumptious," says Amanda Denton of Barre, Vermont. "I make them often for brunches or parties...and people always comment on their fresh strawberry flavor."
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups coarsely chopped fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt, butter and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in strawberries.
- 2. Fill muffin cups coated with cooking spray or lined with paper liners two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
One muffin equals 173 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC