Low-Fat Strawberry Cream Dessert Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, halved
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in whipped topping on low speed until smooth; set aside. In another large bowl, combine milk and pudding mixes. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in cream cheese mixture until smooth. Set aside 1 cup of strawberries. Fold remaining strawberries into pudding mixture. Transfer to a serving bowl or individual dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Arrange remaining strawberries on top. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 216 calories, 9g fat (7g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 428mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Low-Fat Strawberry Cream Dessert
"Very easy to make. Does not taste like "diet" food."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.