This "berry" light and creamy dessert is a fantastic finale to a special meal, guarantees Nancy Haigh of Philip, South Dakota. "For a fun variation, use instant lemon pudding with madarin oranges and pineapple tidbits mixed in," she suggests.
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, halved
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in whipped topping on low speed until smooth; set aside. In another large bowl, combine milk and pudding mixes. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in cream cheese mixture until smooth. Set aside 1 cup of strawberries. Fold remaining strawberries into pudding mixture. Transfer to a serving bowl or individual dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Arrange remaining strawberries on top. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Cream Dessert in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p9
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Low-Fat Strawberry Cream Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2011
"Very easy to make. Does not taste like "diet" food."