Low-Fat Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons egg substitute, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in 1/4 cup egg substitute, lemon peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- 2. Pour into a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with berries. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until fluffy. Beat in remaining egg substitute. Pour over berries.
- 3. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 221 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.