Low-Fat Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons egg substitute, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in 1/4 cup egg substitute, lemon peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Pour into a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with berries. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until fluffy. Beat in remaining egg substitute. Pour over berries.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Low-Fat Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"can this be made in a 9x13 pan? sukie"
"Very yummy! I put a little less sugar in the cake and it was still tasty. Thanks for sharing!"
"Love this cake!!! Turned out moist and delicious. Nobody could tell it was a healthier version."
"Doubled the recipe and made in 10x13 baking dish. Took to a brunch and everyone liked it. Had some left over (because there was so much food), and found that the cake part was a little dry the next day. Will have to figure out how to make a slight change if I think I might leftovers next time."
"This was a very easy recipe. I did not have buttermilk so I made my own with milk and lemon juice. Also did not have egg substitute. So just used 1 egg in replacement each time. But this turned out to be a very nice cake. Not as dry as a normal coffee cake. So that's why I liked it so well. I also mixed blackberries and raspberries because I ran out of the raspberries. But as you can tell a very flexible recipe. yumm"