"Because I need to watch my fat intake, I usually have to pass on desserts. But with reduced-fat cream cheese and egg substitute, I can enjoy this great berry cake. You, too!" --Christine Benner of Pottsville, Pennsylvania
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons egg substitute, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in 1/4 cup egg substitute, lemon peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- Pour into a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with berries. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until fluffy. Beat in remaining egg substitute. Pour over berries.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p21
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Low-Fat Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review