"No one will believe this creamy, fresh tasting dressing is low in fat," conveys field editor Connie Simon of Reed City, Michigan. "It has wonderful traditional ranch flavor."
Recommended: 19 Recipes for Homemade Salad Dressing
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Artificial sweetener equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a bowl, combine oil, vinegar, sweetener and marjoram. Whisk in buttermilk, yogurt and mayonnaise. Stir in onion, parsley and garlic. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight to thicken. whisk before serving. serve over salad greens and vegetables of your choice. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Low-Fat Ranch Dressing in Taste of Home December/January 1999 , p16