Low-Fat Ranch Dressing Recipe
"No one will believe this creamy, fresh tasting dressing is low in fat," conveys field editor Connie Simon of Reed City, Michigan. "It has wonderful traditional ranch flavor."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:10 servings
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Artificial sweetener equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. In a bowl, combine oil, vinegar, sweetener and marjoram. Whisk in buttermilk, yogurt and mayonnaise. Stir in onion, parsley and garlic. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight to thicken. whisk before serving. serve over salad greens and vegetables of your choice. Refrigerate leftover dressing. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
One 2-tablespoon serving equals 30 calories, 44 mg sodium, 1 mg cholesterol, 2 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 2 gm fat. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC