Low-Fat Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, condensed milk, egg substitute and seasonings just until smooth. Pour into pastry shell.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
One piece equals 246 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Low-Fat Pumpkin Pie
"great recipe! We enjoy pumpkin all year -in many different recipes-this was added to the favorites! We all enjoyed it- a real "keeper""
"I make this recipe every Thanksgiving and Christmas! My family loves it more than regular pumpkin pie!"