Low-Fat Pumpkin Pie Recipe
You won't miss the fat one bit when you slice into this spicy pumpkin pie with its golden crust and creamy filling. Sharon Haugen of Fargo, North Dakota shares the recipe for her lightened-up twist on a Thanksgiving classic.
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, condensed milk, egg substitute and seasonings just until smooth. Pour into pastry shell.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
One piece equals 246 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC