- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Coat the paper with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Beat in pumpkin and extract. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger and salt; fold into pumpkin mixture. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched (do not overbake). Cool for 5 minutes.
- Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and remaining confectioners' sugar until fluffy.
- Unroll cake; spread filling evenly over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Low-Fat Pumpkin Cake Roll
"This pumpkin roll is very light and delicious!"
"I was hesitant to try this cake as I have never made a roulade cake before. I was surprised and pleased at how easy it was to make this recipe! I followed the directions exactly as written and the cake turned out exactly as the picture. I sliced the leftovers, wrapped them in saran wrap and froze them. I found the cake froze extremely well. Thank you for a great recipe. I'll be making this cake often."
"This is sooooooo delicious! I have mad this roll cake 3 times for potlucks/ celebrations and every time it disappears within minutes, with people complementing it and asking for the recipe! It is extremely rich and moist so you don't need a whole ton to feel indulgent. :)"
"This is sooooooo delicious! I have made this roll cake 3 times for potlucks/ celebrations and every time it disappears within minutes, with people complementing it and asking for the recipe! It is extremely rich and moist so you don't need a whole lot to feel indulgent. :)"
"This is so moist! We loved it and are going to make it for Thanksgiving!"
"Wonderful, similar to one I make every Thanksgiving. I would not use Splenda, that replaces granulated sugar thsi takes Powdered sugar. The instructions separate the powdered sugar to 1 cup & 1 Tab. for the towel!!"
"Tried this recipe for the first time for a work potluck -- it was a hit! I got compliments for this dessert days after the potluck was over. To get the recipe to last longer to allow for more nibblers, I cut the 15x10" in half width-wize and applied the entire cream cheese filling to one side and completed the sandwich by laying the other half of the cake on top. Then cut it up into smaller rectangles. This makes up for me being jelly-roll method impaired."
"Cooked it now everyone wants the recipe, really good."
"Cooked it now everyone wants the recipe, really good"