- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Coat the paper with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs for 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar; beat for 2 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and lemon-colored. Beat in pumpkin and extract. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger and salt; fold into pumpkin mixture. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched (do not overbake). Cool for 5 minutes.
- Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and remaining confectioners' sugar until fluffy.
- Unroll cake; spread filling evenly over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Low-Fat Pumpkin Cake Roll
"I was hesitant to try this cake as I have never made a roulade cake before. I was surprised and pleased at how easy it was to make this recipe! I followed the directions exactly as written and the cake turned out exactly as the picture. I sliced the leftovers, wrapped them in saran wrap and froze them. I found the cake froze extremely well. Thank you for a great recipe. I'll be making this cake often."
"This is sooooooo delicious! I have mad this roll cake 3 times for potlucks/ celebrations and every time it disappears within minutes, with people complementing it and asking for the recipe! It is extremely rich and moist so you don't need a whole ton to feel indulgent. :)"
"This is sooooooo delicious! I have made this roll cake 3 times for potlucks/ celebrations and every time it disappears within minutes, with people complementing it and asking for the recipe! It is extremely rich and moist so you don't need a whole lot to feel indulgent. :)"
"This is so moist! We loved it and are going to make it for Thanksgiving!"