Low Fat Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1. Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 15-20 minutes; drain thoroughly. Place in a bowl; cool slightly. Pour salad dressing over warm potatoes; toss to coat. Add celery, green pepper, onion, radishes, parsley, salt if desired and pepper; mix well. Combine the mayonnaise, mustard and sugar; pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 14 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with fat-free Italian salad dressing and mayonnaise and without salt) equals 55 calories, 0.55 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.