Relate Jesse and Anne Foust from Bluefield, West Virginia, "We like to make this chunky salad the day before to let the flavors mellow."
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 15-20 minutes; drain thoroughly. Place in a bowl; cool slightly. Pour salad dressing over warm potatoes; toss to coat. Add celery, green pepper, onion, radishes, parsley, salt if desired and pepper; mix well. Combine the mayonnaise, mustard and sugar; pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Low-Fat Potato Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1998, p18
Reviews for Low Fat Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2010
"I've been making this recipe for years. My whole family loves the unique flavor!"