Low Fat Peanut Butter Cookies
"When you bite into one of these yummy cookies, you'll never guess it's low in fat," says field editor Maria Regakis of Somerville, Massachusetts.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until
- light and fluffy. Add egg white; beat until blended. Beat in
- vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to
- the creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into an 8-in. roll; wrap in
- plastic wrap. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into slices, about 1/4 in. thick. Place 2 in. apart on
- baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Flatten with a fork. Bake
- at 350° for 6-8 minutes for chewy cookies or 8-10 minutes for
- crisp cookies. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks;
- cool completely. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 62 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium,