Low-Fat Peanut Butter Cookies
"When you bite into one of these yummy cookies, you'll never guess it's low in fat," says field editor Maria Regakis of Somerville, Massachusetts.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until
- light and fluffy. Add egg white; beat until blended. Beat in
- vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to
- the creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into an 8-in. roll; wrap in
- plastic wrap. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into slices, about 1/4 in. thick. Place 2 in. apart on
- baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Flatten with a fork. Bake
- at 350° for 6-8 minutes for chewy cookies or 8-10 minutes for
- crisp cookies. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks;
- cool completely. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 62 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium,