Low-fat Oatmeal Cookies
These oatmeal cookies are chewy with old-fashioned goodness and are low in fat.—Kathleen Nolan, Lawrenceville, Georgia
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raisins
- In a medium bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; mix well. Stir in
- raisins (dough will be stiff). Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking
- sheets that have been coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375°
- for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (two cookies) equals 1-1/2 starch; also, 102 calories, 138 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 24 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, trace fat.