- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pepper to taste
- 2-1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- In a blender or food processor, combine the milk, cheeses, flour and pepper. Cover and process until creamy. Pour into a bowl; stir in macaroni and onion. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Low-Fat Macaroni and Cheese
Sort By :
This is great!
I was a tad hesitant to do a low fat version. However it turned out wonderful. Be sure to not cook too long--i had put it in a 13x9 pan and did not need to bake as long. Everyone loved it and my family had no clue it was low fat!
THe video recipe is different from the printed one. The video recipe is better. Should be consistent.
The written recipe does not match the video. The recipe in the video seems better. They should at least be consistent!