Low-Fat Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
I enjoy trying new muffin recipes, so was I glad when I stumbled upon this one. The applesauce makes these lemon muffins so moist and delicious.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, poppy seeds and baking powder.
- Combine eggs, milk, applesauce and lemon extract; stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin
- cups about three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or
- until muffins test done. Yield: 1 to 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 235 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.