Low-Fat Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
I enjoy trying new muffin recipes, so was I glad when I stumbled upon this one. The applesauce makes these lemon muffins so moist and delicious.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, poppy seeds and baking powder. Combine eggs, milk, applesauce and lemon extract; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups about three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 1 to 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 235 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Low-Fat Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Reviewed Mar. 27, 2010
"These were good but they didn't rise well."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC