Low-Fat Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
I enjoy trying new muffin recipes, so was I glad when I stumbled upon this one. The applesauce makes these lemon muffins so moist and delicious.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, poppy seeds and baking powder. Combine eggs, milk, applesauce and lemon extract; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups about three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 1 to 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Low-Fat Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p73
Reviews for Low-Fat Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review