With this special sauce, folks on restricted diets don't have to pass on the gravy. Instead, they can say, "Please pass the gravy!" Now you can smother slices of turkey without guilt.—
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef or chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch pepper
- In a saucepan, saute onion, mushrooms and parsley in 1/4 cup broth
- until vegetables are tender. Combine cornstarch, pepper and 1/2 cup
- of broth; stir until smooth. Add to pan with the remaining broth.
- Bring to boil, stirring occasionally; boil for 2 minutes. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: One 1/4-cup serving equals 19 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Free Food.