With this special sauce, folks on restricted diets don't have to pass on the gravy. Instead, they can say, "Please pass the gravy!" Now you can smother slices of turkey without guilt.—
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef or chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch pepper
- In a saucepan, saute onion, mushrooms and parsley in 1/4 cup broth until vegetables are tender. Combine cornstarch, pepper and 1/2 cup of broth; stir until smooth. Add to pan with the remaining broth. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally; boil for 2 minutes. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Low-Fat Gravy in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p44
Reviews for Low-Fat Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review