Low-Fat Fettuccine has a delightful combination of noodles, ham, cheese and vegetables in a creamy sauce. "This family favorite takes just minutes to prepare," says Andrea Buchmann of Orlando, Florida, who shares this recipe.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 ounces fettuccini
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup quartered mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces low-fat fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Cook the fettucine according to package directions. In a saucepan
- over medium heat, bring broth and garlic to a boil. Add mushrooms
- and onions; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until
- the mushrooms are tender. Add cream cheese and ham; cook and stir
- until cheese is melted. Add tomatoes; heat through. Remove from the
- heat; stir in Parmesan cheese and pepper. Rinse and drain
- fettuccine; top with the sauce. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One 1/2-cup serving of sauce (calculated without fettuccine) equals 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 vegetable; also, 118 calories, 648 mg sodium, 22 mg cholesterol, 6 gm carbohydrate, 13 gm protein, 5 gm fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a