Low-Fat Fettuccine has a delightful combination of noodles, ham, cheese and vegetables in a creamy sauce. "This family favorite takes just minutes to prepare," says Andrea Buchmann of Orlando, Florida, who shares this recipe.
- 12 ounces fettuccini
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup quartered mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces low-fat fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Cook the fettucine according to package directions. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring broth and garlic to a boil. Add mushrooms and onions; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender. Add cream cheese and ham; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add tomatoes; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese and pepper. Rinse and drain fettuccine; top with the sauce. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Low-Fat Fettuccine in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p8
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Low-Fat Fettuccine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review