Low-Fat Cucumber Salad
A splash of lemon juice, sweet onion and vinegar give a delightfully tart bite to this zippy, quick-to-fix salad. “Best of all,” writes Sharon Seving from Sidney, Ohio, “it has so few calories, you hardly need to count them!”
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, vinegar, lemon juice, salt
- and pepper. Add cucumbers and onion; toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 68 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.