Low-Fat Corn Muffins Recipe
"These quick corn muffins use applesauce in place of oil," explains Gary Raymond of Seattle, Washington. "My friends say they're the best."
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups cornmeal
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine corn, water, egg substitute and applesauce; mix well. Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill muffin cups coated with cooking spray two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
One muffin equals 105 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Low-Fat Corn Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC