Low-Fat Corn Bread Recipe
"I love corn bread, and I think this version is much better than traditional ones," remarks Heather Andersen of Tucson, Arizona. "Served warm, it's moist yet low in fat," she promises.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the egg whites, milk and applesauce. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from pan to wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Low-Fat Corn Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p45
Reviews for Low-Fat Corn Bread(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review