Low-Fat Coffee Cake Recipe
I served this to friends without telling them it was low-fat and nobody ever guessed. They all thought it was delicious!—Coleen Roberts, Charlotte, North Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat egg whites, applesauce and milk. Add to dry ingredients. Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece equals 205 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC