Low-Fat Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Not only are these sweet rolls low in fat, they're convenient. Instead of making a yeast bread from scratch, this recipe calls for frozen bread dough.—Heather Cliften-Champagne, Brockville, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 15 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 to 3 teaspoons orange juice
- 1. Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Brush with butter. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting at a narrow end. Slice into 1-in. rolls. Place in a 9-in. round baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
One roll equals 138 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC