Low-Fat Cinnamon Rolls
Not only are these sweet rolls low in fat, they're convenient. Instead of making a yeast bread from scratch, this recipe calls for frozen bread dough.—Heather Cliften-Champagne, Brockville, Ontario
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 to 3 teaspoons orange juice
- Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a
- 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Brush with butter. Sprinkle with sugar and
- cinnamon. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting at a narrow end. Slice
- into 1-in. rolls. Place in a 9-in. round baking pan coated with
- cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Combine
- glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: One roll equals 138 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein.