Not only are these sweet rolls low in fat, they're convenient. Instead of making a yeast bread from scratch, this recipe calls for frozen bread dough.—Heather Cliften-Champagne, Brockville, Ontario
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 to 3 teaspoons orange juice
- Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Brush with butter. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting at a narrow end. Slice into 1-in. rolls. Place in a 9-in. round baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Low-Fat Cinnamon Rolls in Country Woman November/December 1996, p36
Reviews for Low-Fat Cinnamon Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review